An Occasional Babble

Occasionally I will babble about my life and random things that come to mind.

Name:
Location: DC Metro Area

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Frisco

I heard back from the vet this morning regarding Frisco's lab results. He has a bladder infection. The question is whether or not he just has crystals in there causing bleeding or if he has stones. Other lab results were high. At this point, there is no indication of kidney failure. His cognitive dysfunction is a concern and he is changing behaviorally (minor things). There is some question as to whether or not he might have Cushing's Disease. The vet told me today that at this point it is likely he will not improve and his life is based on the quality of life he can have. Puts me in the dilemma of what to do with him. I don't think he would handle the move to California and would probably have a difficult time adjusting to a different lifestyle (condo living). I have already shed tears while thinking about what is best for him. I have had him since 1994. He has been in my life for some time now and is part of the family. I hate making the decision about what to do with him but I don't want him to suffer. Luckily I have a little more than a month to make that decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home