An Occasional Babble

Occasionally I will babble about my life and random things that come to mind.

Name:
Location: DC Metro Area

Thursday, May 31, 2007

(Product)Red

Yay! I ordered an iPod Nano Red the other day and it came this morning. I was so excited to get it. It is soooo lightweight and will be fantastic to use at the gym (when I can get back in there) and for those walks along the marina and beach in California. And, for those flights between the coasts.

The best part is that part of the profit from my purchase will help provide anti-retroviral medicine to those dying of AIDS in Africa. My purchase alone will provide anti-retroviral treatment for one month for a person living with HIV (all for $10). If you are interested in seeing what (Red) is all about, check out their website at http://www.joinred.com/.

"Experience is the best teacher." That is the quote I had placed on the back of the nano. What a profound quote, especially for this effort. It seems to fit with their manifesto (which I didn't do on purpose - the quote just spoke to me about my life). (RED) is not a charity but a business model that will offer life (experience) to those who are suffering so that they can give back to their communities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home