Gigantic Update
Okay, it is gigantic because I have a lot to update on, not because something huge has happened in my life. Here it goes...
PT: I have been moving along in physical therapy. The therapist said again that she wished more patients were like me and took the initiative to do more each session.
Gym: I went to the gym today with one of the guys that works in the PT office. He really made me work. And, I thought I did work out pretty well. I was there for 2.5 hours. Guessing I will be sore tomorrow. And, I am going back to physical therapy tomorrow.
Weekend in Cali: I flew out to Cali on Friday. It was 12 hours door to door. That makes for a long day. The condo is nice. But, there were some issues with the water. I didn't have any hot water the first day I was there. After that, I had hot water at certain faucets but not others. And, no water in the master shower or one of the sinks in the master bath. The condo is brand new and is still under builder's warranty. The owner's were working all weekend to get things taken care of. Hopefully before I actually move in!!!
I wasted much of Saturday waiting on Time Warner cable to show up and connect me to the world. Well, they showed up five minutes after their three hour window for service. Then, they didn't even get me hooked up. Something about a code that was needed to do so. The owner's called a friend of theirs who is fairly high up in the company and he was going to check on it for us. So, I had a nice television delivered on Saturday and couldn't even watch it!!
I ran quite a few errands to get some basic things needed for the place. Slept on an air mattress. And, had nothing to sit on. Getting up off the floor is a pretty site! ;-) I went to Jersey Mike's for dinner when I arrived. A guy walked in that seemed to be the manager of the place while I was there. Well, I went back on Sunday for lunch and he remembered me, what I had, and where I sat. He didn't even serve me. He said he remembered faces, names, and what people like. He asked me my name and I got his...Chris...so we will see if he remembers me when I return toward the end of the month. He said he would. I am posting a few pics from the place below.
The view from my bedroom and terrace (Can't complain!!!) and the entrance to the condos (those are dolphins jumping over a water fountain)
Flying home: I flew home on Monday. The first leg of my flight was from LAX to Chicago's Midway. We flew over the Grand Canyon. So, for the first time in my life I got to see it. Below are some pics from that flight. I wasn't sitting in the window seat. The lady next to me was nice enough to take a picture or two for me to avoid the window.
View of mountains in Utah
PT INR: My blood levels reached 3.0 this last blood test. That explains the bruising on my body that I can't figure out for the life me how I got them. My coumadin prescription remains the same for the first time since the blood clot was discovered.
Movie: I went to see the Transformers tonight with a friend. It wasn't on my list of things to see but that is what he wanted to see. However, I did enjoy the movie. I thought it was pretty good and I am glad that I said I would go.
Packing: Well, I have a lot to do. I have gotten two boxes packed and ready and another on its way. No nearly enough though! :-/ I have a moving company coming by tomorrow to go discuss what will need to happen to move my stuff that is going to Cali and what will go into storage. A lot of work is ahead of me.

1 Comments:
Hey, loks beautiful. Can I stay with you when I come to cali?
Post a Comment
<< Home