An Occasional Babble

Occasionally I will babble about my life and random things that come to mind.

Name:
Location: DC Metro Area

Monday, June 25, 2007

My Sweet Boy

I have been concerned about my boy for some time. He had x-rays today. The news is, well, not so sure. He doesn't have stones in his bladder or kidneys. That is the good news. The bad...his bladder wall isn't smooth meaning there is either a raging infection of some sort or the beginning of bladder cancer. The kidneys appear to be functioning pretty well but, apparently, will not show signs of failing until much later. There are lymph nodes near his rear legs just above the bladder. There are signs of swelling or changes taking place causing his intenstines to bend, which are likely causing his discomfort in his back and difficulty going to the bathroom. An ultrasound was also given and found calcification taking place in his body. That means there could be cancer or something else happening. So, all in all, there is still no diagnosis for him. He has lost about 9 pounds in the last year...quite a bit for a dog.

It is really difficult to have to make a decision regarding his life. His demeanor is still great and he acts pretty normal most of the time. He is my sweet boy and I can't imagine life without him as I have had him for over 12 years. Luckily I have supportive vets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home