An Occasional Babble

Occasionally I will babble about my life and random things that come to mind.

Name:
Location: DC Metro Area

Thursday, December 14, 2006

California...

11:15 am: Last night was a comedy of errors. I packed most of my luggage and then realized I couldn’t find my TSA approved lock to be able to lock my baggage. Then, at about midnight, I couldn’t find my cell phone. I thought it was odd that I hadn’t heard from my mom but my message to her was that I would try to call if I got a minute from packing and doing things around the house. I decided to call the phone and automatically dialed my mom’s number. Ooops. I was kind of surprised when she answered the phone. But, I got a chance to talk to her for a minute before the mad search for my phone. I called it from the landline and couldn’t find it. I checked in the car. Not there. Then, one of my friends called while I was outside. Apparently it had fallen out of my hand on the way into the house. So, at least I have my cell phone.

I had to get up much earlier than I prefer. I was walking out my door at 7 this morning. All told, I think I got about 4.5 hours of sleep. I must be a little nervous as I have never gone to California before nor gone on a trip by myself. Yes, I have traveled on planes by myself (even from Europe back here…I think that was my first time flying alone). But, I am usually greeted by someone I know. This time will be different. I will be renting a car and driving to Camarillo from LAX where I have my internship interview tomorrow. I just wish I had a friend to pal around with while I am not in the interview.

By making it out the door on time (sometimes rare when I am traveling) and even talked to my neighbor for a minute (yaay! They are going to take care of my four-legged babies while I am in England). It was very foggy this morning and I was a bit worried about traffic. Luckily, it was moving just fine. And, I even had time to go through the drive-thru at Chic-fil-a to get a sausage biscuit…their biscuits rock! I made it to the airport and found a parking space near the bus pickup. I made it to the terminal in no time at all. Check-in was smooth. And, I didn’t have to wait in line at the security check point. I set the alarm off…as usual…and had to take my bracelet off and go back through the detector.

There are only 61 people on the flight and a Seeing Eye dog. I haven’t heard a bark, whine, or groan from her. I have a row of three seats to myself. I tried to take a nap but I am not too successful sleeping on a plane. And, at the moment we are experiencing some turbulence. We have had a snack which consisted of Nabisco tropical dried fruit mix (yummy), Kraft handi-snacks, peanuts, and Honey Maid Cinnamon thin crisps (haven’t eaten those yet…might save them for a later snack). The clouds were amazing leaving BWI and for about an hour into the flight. The sky is very blue (not quite Carolina blue) up above! I had thought about taking a picture of them but I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. The neatest was seeing the clouds in the valleys and the mountain tops peaking out above.

I am signing off for now. I will try and keep this blog updated throughout my trip. I am sure that I will have plenty of down time. Especially since school is out!!!!! Hurray! And, it is only 15 days until I travel to England. Wow, my body is going to be screwy for a while with all the time changes that I will be dealing with in the next month. Oh yeah, I got an email for another interview in Murfreesboro, TN. That will be in January and another time zone change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home